HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
I cannot tell you how happy I am to have said goodbye to 2018. It was, without a doubt, one of the worst years of my life. I don’t think anything could have prepared me and my family for what we ended up going through, last year; not even if someone had told us in advance what was to come. It is certainly a year I wish to forget, but, at the same time, I want to be able to look back on it and say that I survived it. And, I did survive it, I made it through the most horrendous year for my family and I am now determined to make it a happy, fun-filled 2019 for myself, my husband and my four children.
As a result of Charlie being diagnosed with cancer, especially so early in the year, I had abandon any plans or aims I had for 2018. My focus, last year, had to mainly on Charlie, his treatment, and supporting my other three children. However, with Charlie now at the end of his treatment, I am determined to get myself back on track and being working towards my original aims from last year.
Therefore, my aims for 2019 are:
- To get myself fitter and healthier, both physically and mentally.
- To improve my photography and editing skills, including taking trips outside of London to explore new photographic opportunities.
- To begin reading the huge pile of books I have built up over the last couple of years.
- To continue posting to, and improving, my social media accounts, including this very blog.
There might not be anything major or life-changing there, but these are things that have become neglected over the past year and something I want to do to give me more than just being a mum and a wife.
Hopefully, this year, I will be able to, also, post entries to my blog on a more regular basis. I have lots of plans and ideas that I have been thinking about for the past few months which I hope to include. These are:
- Continuing my theatre reviews, including completing a mini-series for 2018, followed by doing a monthly post on theatre I have seen the previous month,
- Starting a new series on the current cast of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, plus reviews for the final Year 3 performance and the first Year 4 performance in May,
- Continuing and completing my Parent’s Worst Nightmare series,
- Continuing posting a selection of my photography,
- And finally, writing and posting about a variety of topics that are important to me.
I do hope that, with me posting regular, that I will start to gain more followers and readers to this blog. I am not looking to become someone who influences opinions or trends, I am just being me as I write down my thoughts and feelings about things I feel passionate about, something I hope that those who read my blog enjoy.
So, with that, I just want to say thank you to everyone who followed and read my blog in 2018 and wish you all a very happy and amazing 2019!